Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How is VLSI Jobs in US now

Status
Not open for further replies.
long island vlsi jobs

True, But then what can a fresher do, to get a job in design fileld?
As, companies ask for experience which is not possible until one gets a job...

vlsi design jobs in us

Not good. Most of the jobs are getting outsourced.

usa job hunter taiwan h1b

I have recently heard that design engineers in the US started to get higher salaries .. and the field is grawing back again ..

salaries for vlsi phds

omara007 said:
I have recently heard that design engineers in the US started to get higher salaries .. and the field is grawing back again ..

That's true in some fields -- but like others have pointed out, the US high-tech industry is not doing a good job of recruiting for entry-level positions. So veteran and experienced US engineers getting higher salaries is great for those people who've been in the industry for 5+ years, but not so good for the new college-grad trying to get his first job.

Basically, if you are unable to get interviews through your university/college's on-campus interview program, it's much harder to get an interview through the "normal" (non-university sponsored) resume-submission process. The larger employers will always recruit (look for) college-grads through an on-campus interview program, as it's efficient for them to spend a few days of Human Resource time screening people at the college, and then calling back the best applicants for a company-site interview. It works out the best for both the student and the employer.

vlsi job usa

As the design market keeps down in the US, companies worries regarding selling their products and getting finds rise ... for this reason they don't invest themselves in fresh graduates .. they prefer to pay more in experienced engineers .. hence get products out faster and faster .. and keep self-funded ..

vlsi jobs in us 2009

If a design centre pays close to 1 Million USD for a nice complete set of Tools, they can afford to pay the extra money to get experience engineers instead of freshers.

IC Design is an expensive line of business anyway, so the extra money you give to get an experience engineers totally worths it.

vlsi jobs in us 2009

what is skill require for vlsi job

analog layout job taiwan

hi all
I'm from taiwan and i grad from usc last dec.
i got several offers before this feb, rf or mixed signal design.
frankly, it is not so hard to find a analog job in usa, as long as u r patient enough.
Actually, most of my friends focus on analog got job offers, but ppl focus on digital vlsi hardly got design job this yr.

BTW, some of my friends work in taiwan are paid much higher than in usa, though we r all rookie.

job vlsi

obovolo said:
hi all
frankly, it is not so hard to find a analog job in usa, as long as u r patient enough.
Actually, most of my friends focus on analog got job offers, but ppl focus on digital vlsi hardly got design job this yr.

BTW, some of my friends work in taiwan are paid much higher than in usa, though we r all rookie.

are they going to provide you with the H visa ?

vlsi career discussion in us

my h1b is already approved.
and i'm applying PR simultaneously.

vlsi job opportunities abroad

obovolo said:
my h1b is already approved.
and i'm applying PR simultaneously.

Did you apply for it urself ? or the sponsering company did that for you ?

vlsi designer job

the company did that for me

vlsi jobs in europe

hard to get a job now
no h1 quota now

how much the salary for vlsiembbeded job

Hi All,

I did DIPLOMA in ECE & working as an analog layout engineer in a MNC.
I have 2 yrs experience in this field!!!!!!!
Now i'm planning to shift to US
can i get a job there as well as continue my bachelors degree there???
Please suggest me in this regard......

Thanks,
Sree Lakshmi

vlsi jobs for freshers in china

it is possible
but not easy

jobs for vlsi designers

sree_lakshmi said:
can u suggest me the way to proceed????

thanks
sree

There are 2 ways :
1- to do your best applying online here and there .. all possible recruitment websites .. and all compnies websites that receive resumes thru their own HR depts.
2- to try to find a scholarship in a university to get your BSc.

In my opinion, the second one is easier .. so many people do get scholarships in the US and then be able to find a job whether during their study or after graduation .. but it's very hard to convince a company in the US that you are that brilliant engineer that all the US doesn't contain a copy of u so as to bring u from your home country and give u a US residency/sponsership ... think of how many people in the world trying to do so .. and how many of them are indeed with high degrees .. PhDs and MScs .. and guess what .. even with 10+ years of industrial experience ..
For the scholarhip, it will be much easier path .. simply because it depends on the scores .. GRE .. and that stuff that many of us can successfully acheive ..

Finally .. best of luck ..

job prospects of vlsi design

Can any tell that is it better to go into s/w as there are more no of onsite oppurtunities in s/w than in VLSI ?

job prospects of vlsi in us

obovolo said:
hi all

I heard in USA the fresh graduate in analog design can get p to 70K usd/year.
What's the corresponding salary in Taiwan?100K?

vlsi us career

fanshuo said:
obovolo said:
hi all

I heard in USA the fresh graduate in analog design can get p to 70K usd/year.
What's the corresponding salary in Taiwan?100K?

Are you sure of that 70k ?

Status
Not open for further replies.