Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How important is it to use a notified body for the certification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan Joshi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am doing an internship with a company who are due to come out with a product. Its a low power low risk proximity based detection using cc430 RF Transceiver, units from Texas instruments. For affixing CE mark, is it advisable to go for the notified body approach, specially when we are sure that the device functions in limits set by the ETSI standard? Or is it ok to do a self declaration of Conformity? I am looking for EMC directive and RTTE directive compliance.

Please respond

As far as I know, it is possible to do all EMC/RTTE tests by yourself. However, in that case you have to absolutely sure that you're doing thing right way (test equipment is calibrated, measurement practices are correct etc). More information can be found here: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back