Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how I can run Tango PCBs and SCH in Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tango DOS run Windows 7

Did you try to change their compatibility?
--
Amr Ali

Tango DOS run Windows 7

Your best option is to use a virtual machine like virtualbox, virtual pc or vmware with the real dos and the programs you need.

It may not be appropriate to bring up the old thread, but since I have the same problem of trying to squeeze some more life out of my Tango packages (PCB/SCH)...

Tango in full screen 1280x1024 works well on Win98 and with some EMM had no problem handling all of my projects.
As maintaining a Win98 PC is getting inefficient, I want to shift Tango to an XP system and for that purpose set up a virtual machine with VMware (WIN98 as guest OS to run Tango).

It works ... BUT: I could not get it to run anything else than 640x480, which is clearly insufficient. the Tango-VESA drivers that work on WIN98 don't get along with the SVGA installation VMtools offer.

Does anyone know how to convice Tango in a VMware environment to run 1280x1024??

Best regards,
Andreas

Why Tango ? I still have file to convert in Tango PCB to be able to see it in P-CAD . SO, I had problem to run Tango PCB on Windows 7. Up to win XP was OK. Page I sent explain how to do it. If it is for someone still issue I can post edited files in DOSbox and Tango.

Naravno. Probelm je sta sa stari DOS programi...
Of Course, DOSbox is free an works fine. Problem is what to do with very useful DOS programs in WIN 7. DOSbox is solution and I hope I point good solution for TANGO PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back