Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How guard ring reduces parasitic resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagadeesh2k1

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one of u help me in this case of how latchup be prevented by a guard ring..........................thanks in advance

Guard ring connect the well or substrate to the power line directly. so the resistance is reduced.

Hi jagadeesh2k1

Guardring is a vent for reverse leakage current in a circuit to the corresponding power rail. In case of pfets, if there are any parasitic Tx formedin the layout, in order to reverse bias these parasitic Tx, the Nwell tap is connected to VDD which acts as a path for this reverse leakage current. Hence latchup is prevented .
The same holds good for nfets wherein the substrate tap is connected to GND. I believe that helps.

Regards
Brittoo

Hi jagadeesh2k1

Guardring is a vent for reverse leakage current in a circuit to the corresponding power rail. In case of pfets, if there are any parasitic Tx formedin the layout, in order to reverse bias these parasitic Tx, the Nwell tap is connected to VDD which acts as a path for this reverse leakage current. Hence latchup is prevented .
The same holds good for nfets wherein the substrate tap is connected to GND. I believe that helps.

Regards
Brittoo

Sorry can you elaborate more? I want it in much greater detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back