Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How frequency hopping is advantageous in wireless communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul.6sept

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone please let me know how frequency hopping is advantageous in wireless communication???Also how is it generated??

Re: Frequency hopping

So, the technology is used only in case of cdma comm and not in case of gsm comm.why so???

are there any application of spread spectrum techniques?

CDMA is a excellent example of spread spectrum applications...

actually spread spectrum started for military applications to avoid enemies interference in the data transmission....later for avoidin jammers...now it is wide soread application in CDMA and wireless comm....

i forgot, even in wireless comm , freq hop is used for minimizin noise, inferrence, etc....

go through this, it will give u an idea...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_spectrum

frequency hopping has two different types the first is the fast frequency hopping (FFH) which is used in spread spectrum tech. but it's usually used in militry application but commercial CDMA uses direct sequence spread spectrum instead, on the otherhand we have the second type of frequency hopping which is slow frequency hopping (SFH) which can be used in any FDMA based communication system for example GSM in which we transmit each frame of data on a different frequency channel so if one of the channels in interfered the interference will affect each user for only one frame and so on so the result will be reduction in the overall interference per user.

i hope that was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.