Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How electromagnetic waves travel through air and vacuum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brahma

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
electromagnetic waves

I want to know how electromagnetics are travelled through air, i dont want about its electric and magnetic field(for eg. sound is travelled through air as longitudinal wave i.e by vibration) like can anybody define how emw was travelled through air and vacuum.

Re: electromagnetic waves

this isn't easily explained. The Maxwell equations determine the way emv ways travel. You have TM and TE waves, in one the magnetic field specifies the direction in which the wave is traveling and the other the electric field determines its directions. In both waves the magnetic and electronic part are orthogonal with respect to another.

Maybe you should check Feynmann's book for a good explanation. If you want i can upload it.

grtz

Think again about what you do not want by looking here :

**broken link removed**

Miguel

the link shows a tem....that is ok and quite easily understood

but what about a te or tm wave which have an electric or magnetic component along thee direction of travel itself??.....like a TM wave has a electric filed component in its direction of propagation right?

how does one visualize that?

is there any matlab graphic/source code for generating these waves in 3D???

i have some animation to show how EMW propagate and i have read books but i dont want that, i want to know how the waves travel i.e. how to physically realise the propagation of waves. How it is possible to propagate in vacuum?

They propagate the same way sun heat or starlight does trough vacuum.
It is a field.
Miguel

when E is varient with time at a point, H will be produced near the point, same principle for the case of from H to E . So emw propogates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back