Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does the PRGS430 programmer for MSP430 work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mspler

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi folks

has anybody any information on how the PRGS430 programmer for the msp430 wokrs. I'm trying to designe a programmer on my own but don't know how you get the data from the rs232 to the msp. of course if the programm fits in the ram (1k max) than no problem, but there must be an other way programming bigger amount of data. What is obvious is the path PC-->rs232-->host msp--> jtag --> target msp.

thanks....
mspler

Re: Programmer MSP430

I have some samples from Texas Intrument but i don't know how to make a programmer
Need your help!
Thanks

WinterInJuly said:
Need your help!

sure, if you tell me what kind of help you need! What samples from TI do you have? There is a document "Programmin the MSP using the JTAG interface" which discribes the principles on how to programm the target msp. This could be helpfull to you!

cu

Hello,

there is some designs for msp430 programmers here: http://msp430.webpark.pl/
(there is both bsl and JTAG)

good luck!

Programmer MSP430

Try this link
**broken link removed**

MspFet update to version 1.5.1022
**broken link removed**
Changes:
- improve BSL works;
- support USB FET MSP-FET430UIF for programming and secure;

Go to www.olimex.com and buy one JTAG FET. It is so cheap that building it on your own wll be more expensive :)

CM600 said:
buy one JTAG FET

thanks for your help, though it wasn't realy helpfull!! I'm not looking for a FET but for a serial programmer like the PRGS430 from TI.

the programmer is ment to be for production and testing and it makes a hell of a diffenrence if you buy one FET for playing around or about 2 or 3 programmer a year!!!!

anyway

CU

mspler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back