Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does temperature affect set-up and hold time

Status
Not open for further replies.

czhe

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question for this forum, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I've been told that temperature has an affect on the setup and hold times of the ASIC. Can anyone elaborate on why this is?

Thanks any for any feedback,
czhe

Device Switching is fastest at low temperatures.

The timing analysis are done at extreme corners to ensure that they meet the timing specs.

a. Fastest case: Fast N and Fast P transistors, High Vdd, Low Temperature

b. Slowest Case: Slow N and Slow P transistors, low Vdd, High Temperature

=====================================================
eChip Design Labs
VLSI Training for Verilog and System Verilog
Nagercoil, TamilNadu

**broken link removed**

=====================================================

eChipDesign said:
Device Switching is fastest at low temperatures.
This isn't necessarily true in all cases. In some process technologies there is a phenomenon called temperature inversion. In this case, a ss0p81v110c operating condition corner might be the same speed or faster than the ss0p81v0c corner, for example.

yes, in the latest technologies, setup implementation also checked in the temparature inversion corner (-40) as the delays are more here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back