Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do the transistor size/current affect transient response

Status
Not open for further replies.

surreyian

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transient reposnse

i did a transient analyse for my compartor. my output stage is using push pull configuration.
my signal is a square pulse with dc refernce at 1.2V (+/-0.5mV).
i tapped for the signal at output, i got glitches on my square pulse, this cause wrong interpretion of the signal.

beacuse when i vary the amount of current, the glitches is gone, at min current(generated by nmos current mirror), and the small sixe PMOS transistor.

how does the transistor size and current affect the transient response?

Re: transient reposnse

transistor size simply said will have own resistance and capacitance. bigger size will make higher resistance and at the differential part the gain will increase.

Current source is also important, low current will give more accurate device but it's harder to saturate the transistor.

Current flow in high amount make the transistor saturate faster and glitch is due to overcharge nMOS with a slower pMOS didint yet saturated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back