Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do i use Wi-Fi to control a set of relays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3symbol

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am doing a project on controlling 10 relays using wifi
I hv chosen a wifi module - Digi Wi-me module **broken link removed**

I want to interface my wifi module and a microcontroller using uart
then connect my relays to microcontroller

How do i go about

1. Building a web page to send signals via my wlan card on my system to the wifi module. what kind of programming language is best to use and sample programs i can get on web to serial communication?

2. I want my micro-controller to read my data from my module and turn off and on my relays. i need a sample code..?

I am totally new to micro controllers nd serial programming

Can some please help with details how to go about it?

Thanks

Well your kind of asking a lot for a forum but I will do the best I can. First off get yourself an Arduino Duemilanove-www.arduino.cc

Then get yourself a ethernet shield and wiznet module from www.adafruit.com(you can also buy the arduino their)

I am not sure how your device works but I was reading that you could interact with AOL's Instant Messenger using the ethernet shield.

The code should not be to difficult.

Most of the things in here should be correct but no promises.

It's a pretty difficult project if you need help drop me a line at spencerb8@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back