Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I terminate third harmonic circuit using optimisation in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinch05

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1641101191810.png

As you can see I set Z2_Real to short.I want to set Z3 real and imag to open.Doing harmonic termination to enhance pae

I am creating an output match with a fundamental load determined by loadpull, and I read that a short at second harmonic and open at third harmonic would enhance pae.So I was optimising.

I am creating an output match with a fundamental load determined by loadpull, and I read that a short at second harmonic and open at third harmonic would enhance pae.So I was optimising.
So you're doing simultaneous harmonic termination for a single frequency ? Right ?

Yes I guess that is what I am trying to do
In that case, you have to find a matching circuit with related Transfer Function that has zero's and/or pole's at Harmonic Contents. In fact, this problem is a kind of Network Synthesis problem. While requesting a certain Reflection @ f1, the circuit will behave open or short circuit @ harmonics.
This is a bit difficult technique for PAs.
In general, PA Designers sweep imaginary and real part of the load impedance to find the optimum target ( whichever is max. Power or max. PAE or max. Gp ) and this technique is called as Load Pull.
There are many examples in ADS installation. You can inspire them to get yours.

Thank you!Is there a tool to determine matching circuit transfer function in ADS ?.I am trying to match at 10GHz.I have the impedance from load pull that gives me the maximum pae at 10GHz.I can easily design the narrowband output match .Howerver the problem is that match to simultaneously match at f1 and harmonics of interest.

Thank you!Is there a tool to determine matching circuit transfer function in ADS ?.I am trying to match at 10GHz.I have the impedance from load pull that gives me the maximum pae at 10GHz.I can easily design the narrowband output match .Howerver the problem is that match to simultaneously match at f1 and harmonics of interest.
If you've already obtained the Optimum Impedance for a target, you can play on this matching circuit by adding Notches or Parallel LC circuits that don't disturb the main function. Even tough there isn't unique technique to realize such circuits, there are many literatures about how to design. I suggest you to seek the literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back