Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i sequence two voltage from one power supply ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed Adam

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, i have a problem with power sequencing please help me the problem is , i have DSP processor have three voltages 1.05(core), 1.8(IO), and 1.8(DDR2 controller) i want to generate 1.8V for IOs and DDR2 controller from one regulator the problem is in sequencing between IOs and controller , IOs must power up before DDR2 controller , how i can do this without drop in power (1.8)

thanks

You could use a mosfet switch with a delayed turn on. Or you could use two regulators with different turn-on delays.

thanks barry for ur reply , but i don't want do use two regulators because i have no size for this but i can use MOSFET switch with delayed turn on as u said , but can i do this without drop in power (1.8)? i mean for delay

thanks barry for ur reply , but i don't want do use two regulators because i have no size for this but i can use MOSFET switch with delayed turn on as u said , but can i do this without drop in power (1.8)? i mean for delay

It depends on your current and your MOSFET on-resistance. You can get mosfets with very low Rds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back