Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How could i start to learn using OS in microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oveis.Gharan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Salaam.
I am so familiar with 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers and have written a lot of huge programs but i have not used Operation systems like linux and ... for microcontrollers yet.
As a beginner how could i start.
I am so eager to know how could i become an expert in embededd OS.
This field is so interesting for me as an electronic engineer.

Thanks in advance.
Oveis

Well,it's not very hard to become a expert since you have experience with micro-controller. In embedded linux field,many things are same to your non-OS environment. The bootloader (uboot) just likes the system initial code in MCU, the kernel (uImage) just likes the while(1) infinite loop. A little difference is schedule algorithm. In MCU, you can use timer to schedule more than one task. But in linux, the schedule mechanism does the work for you. Find some tutorials from web,follow it step by step. After some projects, you will get more understand deeply.

Well,it's not very hard to become a expert since you have experience with micro-controller. In embedded linux field,many things are same to your non-OS environment. The bootloader (uboot) just likes the system initial code in MCU, the kernel (uImage) just likes the while(1) infinite loop. A little difference is schedule algorithm. In MCU, you can use timer to schedule more than one task. But in linux, the schedule mechanism does the work for you. Find some tutorials from web,follow it step by step. After some projects, you will get more understand deeply.
Dear Albert,
Your answers ease for me starting to learn. First of all, I appreciate a lot.
but could you guide me with more details?
Do you suggest me to learn embedded Linux throughout the other OSs?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Honey,Oveis.Gharan.
My first embedded project is to build a automatic-home door controller. At that time,I used the S3C2410, there are huge examples and tutorials on web. Many peoples, experts,students,teachers and engineers use it. Or you can use the BeagleBone,IMX53,Raspberry Pi,etc,open source hardware and software platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back