Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How could I analize this filter ustrip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandruska

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have analized this structure with wave port using rectangles and the result is correct. Now, I want to analize the same structure with coaxial. How can I do it?

Note: I show the design with the coaxial. The result is wrong. I want to know how I can obtain a correct result.

The location of your rectangle ports are located inside the substrate, it is not possible to use waveports, everything in your model is fine, but we need change the port to lumped port, and we can still reduce the size of that rectangle to minimize the interence to whole model by this small piece of metal plane(ports are treated as the perfect E).

Anyway, this filter is just the normal planar microstrip filter escept the shape of the substrate and the ground plane, after comparing their size, I didnt get whether there is special purpose for changing the shape of the substrate and the ground plane?

If you want to use coaxial line to feed, you must use through hole via to feed the upper micrstrip, just a small size SMA connector, then you can use waveport again(the location of these waveports of coaxial line it at the boundary of your ragiation box).

PS, your attached model is not coaxial line feed.

Best Regards,

sry, I think i downloaded wrong file, this comment is for your model filter1_circular1.rar , give me more time to read your latest model. I will keep you updated.

Forgot to assign the 'Cavidad' rad boundary, just try!
Owing to poor computer, I do not simulate it.
ps: I don't know why you substracted the probe into two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back