Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how convert analog signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostrengo

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
6408d convert analog

I have a machine that it has a sensor of accelerator 0 for 5 volts DC but I need to
invert analog tension of 0 to 5 volts DC for 5 to 0.
how ? help me.

most

Use an inverter type two resistor op amp circuit to get the opposite slope function. Then put another resistor to the summing junction and a fixed negative voltage on the other end By scaling the two input resistors you can get any graph you want.

mostrengo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
after some tests I did not arrive the conclusions

i use ampop inverting way but I want to invert
the out signal of the sensor (0 to 5 for 5 to 0 (not -5V))

if it will not be very work you can post or send a small project for help.
the power for 741(?) it must be 5v/0v not 5,0,-5

many thanks
most
most_trengo@europe.com

You need an amplifier with gain=-1
741 is not good for this purpose as it was designet to operate with higher voltages of both polarities.
Instead try CA3140.
You may also need to increase the supply voltage from 5V to, say 6V, to cover fully the 0-5V range.
Attached is the suggested amplifier...

mostrengo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Try this.
All resistors are equal. The +5V reference should be adjustable to get the exact response you need.

This circuit is easier to adjust, if you have a negative 5V reference.
R1, R2, R3 are equal. R4 should be a 1/3 of the value of the others. It can also be eliminated.
Adjusting the reference (or R2) will adjust the offset of the output, while R3 will adjust the gain if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.