Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i write a program that computes the far field.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

taf23

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i write a program that computes the far field of microstrip multilayer antennas using triungular mesh.....? that meens i want to use the rao-wilton- glisson functions... :?:

thanks....please answer me....any suggestion or book, article that you indicate me will be most helpfoul :wink:

Re: how can i write a program that computes the far field...

The basic idea is simple enough: convolve the currents with far-field approximation of the Green's function. For multilayer microstrip, you will need the far field approximation of the layered media Green's function. This can be found in Mosig's chapter "Integral Equation Techniques" in "Numerical Techniques for Microwave and Millimetter-Wave Passive Structures", Itoh ed., Wiley-Interscience. If you assume there are no surface waves, it's not to bad. Otherwise, I hope you're familiar with steepest-descent and saddle-point methods (see Felson & Marcwitz, "Radiation and Scattering of Waves," IEEE Press).

I would like to ask taf23 a question that, when you deal with RWG MoM, how do you perform the double integral to get the Z matrix, especially in the case singularities. Do you use Garlerkin method, to "exactly" get the solution, or use the approximate method as provided in the RWG article ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back