Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i use 4094 shift reg...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyironi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4094 shift register

hello...
i wana use a 4094 shift register but i have a problem . how should i join it to my board...for example i mean STB should join to what? and QS , CLk , ... also

in 74595 i connect + and _ to MR an OE and also ST and SH and DS are things which i use... NOW

how can i use 4094 instead of 595 ?

thanks

4094 example

Have you actually read the datasheet?

It is pretty straightforward. Do some efforts.

Try to ask about specific points.

data sheet 4094

allright,thanks
look , what i want to know it is that , what pins of 4094 must be use instead of any pin of 74595 ?

for example : st_cp in the 595 uses for activating each shiftregister , Now , which pin in the 4094 must be use instead of St_cp (for activating of that register)...

could i show my intent?thanks

datasheet 4094

I do not care about the other chip. Just tell me how you would use the CD 4094.

Otherwise you will be still "hanging" from the other.

Forget that one and read afresh the datassheet of the CD 4094. Tell me how you would use it and then I will tell you how I use it. Deal?

4094 vs 595

allright...thanks if you help me...:D
ok , i left it...

shiftregister 595 4094 vergleich

Hi,
Do not get so easily discouraged in life. Mr.Atferrari has been advising you to do it the right way, since the two chips are not directly compatible and the control signal levels are also different, the way you connect can differ as per your requirement.

Now, for 4094 , there is no MR-, so no worry.

The ST (Strobe) for 4094 is a latch enable signal and it controls a transparant latch, unlike the + edge used for 595. Also the OE signal is +ve for 494. So, if you are not worried about the intermediate values of the parallel output, you can tie both strobe and OE signals to a +ve pullp. In this case, after giving 8 pulses, you can read the parallel output keeping the clock low. Otherwise, just pull up OE signal and apply a +ve level to strobe input only when you want to read the shifted output. In the second case, the output will not change during the shifting process.

Any more doubts?, please come back.

With regards,

4094 shift register kullanım

I do not know if you still read this thread.

I insist: read the datasheet and tell me where you apply data, how you clock it in and how you show it at the output. It is so simple that anyone could understand it. Once you do the effort I will tell you the necessary details.

But if you give up, it is your right after all.

chip 4094

hi every one.sorry , i didn't see this topic since awhile...
yes my problem was solved by it's datatsheet as i remember. but it was not suitable for me... thanks for your help . actually my problem was primary question and as you told , it was possible to solve just by watching datasheet...
if every body look that , cand do that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back