How can I start making my own professional PCBs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemaker

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make PCBs ?

HI,
how can i start making my professional PCBs ?
i need to know the easiest way / low cost one .
thanX.

Re: how to make PCBs ?

this is where you should start .

I use toner transfer technology
make pcb on my PC, than I print copy of my board on laser printer. For a paper I use any gloss paper (some magasines)
then I put this paper on good wash and thin polish board. I use iron with max temperature. after 3-4 minutes I put board in water and carefully put off the paper from the board. I etch my boards with FeCl3
Etching is faster when FeCl3 is hot
I try to make precision boards with 12 mil but after some skills maybe I can make it

here is one link that can be helpfull
**broken link removed**

and this was my first DIY boards

how to make PCBs ?

Here is a good demonstration on how to transfer tuner onto PCB, a good DIY stuff

**broken link removed**

re me

ı offer you iron method
becaus really cheap. ı use old advertisement paper to get print-out
it have more succesful result

how to make PCBs ?

Can i use other printer like ink jet, mine is canon 255sp.

No, you can use only lasejet.

bruces3 said:
Can i use other printer like ink jet, mine is canon 255sp.
Basically, you just need something that is dark enough. I've used dark-colored pencils for touching up when my laserjet toner starts to run out!

how to make PCBs ?

Make the PCB design on the computer. Take the printout of the MIRROR image of PCB u have designed on the Press-n-peel sheet. Put the press-n-peel sheet on the the board and then hot iron (5 min approx) on the press-n-peel sheet. After that remove the press-n-peel sheet slowly. The print of your PCB will be transfered on the board. After that put your PCB in the ferric chloride solution (1 part of ferriccholoride in 3 parts of water) until all the copper is removed leaving the print of your PCB.

how to make PCBs ?

You can use inkjets if you print on a transparency and use a UV light for exposure. I bought a UV lamp for $40 and it works great with my inkjet.

you can see this site
i think it is useful
**broken link removed**

bye

Sorry ! Does anybody know how to make 2 side PCB . I have test plate the pad to via but i haven't succeed . Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…