Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I start making my own professional PCBs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemaker

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make PCBs ?

HI,
how can i start making my professional PCBs ?
i need to know the easiest way / low cost one .
thanX.

Re: how to make PCBs ?

this is where you should start .

I use toner transfer technology
make pcb on my PC, than I print copy of my board on laser printer. For a paper I use any gloss paper (some magasines)
then I put this paper on good wash and thin polish board. I use iron with max temperature. after 3-4 minutes I put board in water and carefully put off the paper from the board. I etch my boards with FeCl3
Etching is faster when FeCl3 is hot ;)
I try to make precision boards with 12 mil but after some skills maybe I can make it

here is one link that can be helpfull
**broken link removed**

and this was my first DIY boards ;)

how to make PCBs ?

Here is a good demonstration on how to transfer tuner onto PCB, a good DIY stuff

**broken link removed**

re me

ı offer you iron method
becaus really cheap. ı use old advertisement paper to get print-out
it have more succesful result

how to make PCBs ?

Can i use other printer like ink jet, mine is canon 255sp.

No, you can use only lasejet.

bruces3 said:
Can i use other printer like ink jet, mine is canon 255sp.
Basically, you just need something that is dark enough. I've used dark-colored pencils for touching up when my laserjet toner starts to run out!

how to make PCBs ?

Make the PCB design on the computer. Take the printout of the MIRROR image of PCB u have designed on the Press-n-peel sheet. Put the press-n-peel sheet on the the board and then hot iron (5 min approx) on the press-n-peel sheet. After that remove the press-n-peel sheet slowly. The print of your PCB will be transfered on the board. After that put your PCB in the ferric chloride solution (1 part of ferriccholoride in 3 parts of water) until all the copper is removed leaving the print of your PCB.

how to make PCBs ?

You can use inkjets if you print on a transparency and use a UV light for exposure. I bought a UV lamp for $40 and it works great with my inkjet.

you can see this site
i think it is useful
**broken link removed**

bye

Sorry ! Does anybody know how to make 2 side PCB . I have test plate the pad to via but i haven't succeed . Help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back