Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I refil Laser cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

makri

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to recondition a laser cartridge

It can be done but its a dirty work. I used toner from the collector-unit of several empty cartridges, sieved it and filled the toner into one of the used cartridges. it worked well.

if you use "cured selenium cylinder" you can refill it 2x-3x
pool_77

There is a safety aspect of this. You should wear some protective filter device on your nose to keep you from breathing in any toner particles that get into the air. These particles produce asthma and possible brain alterations if you get them into your lungs. Once in your lungs they get into the blood and then to the brain.

Hi i do it all the time on laserjet II and III cartridges .. Here in the STATES there are THRIFT STORES .. Where all the unwanted stuff ends up. I go there to look for not used Copier kits .. I find them very often ..
Then i use the toner by filling up the HP cartridges . Is not easy .. You have to pay attention ,not to spill any toner on the RUBBER ROD .. and try to do it very clean. Otherwise the printed pages will come out dark and with spots .. And these will never go away . I generally use a 1 inch wide brush to remove all toner from the drums .. It's kinda tricky.. You will have to try it 3 or 4 times to understand what goes wrong . But then you will go printing like me .. i mean like crazy .. it can be very cheap ..$2 the 5000 pages FILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS .. i FORGOT another TIP. ... The old APPLE laser PRINTERS ... have CARTRIDGES that are compatible with the HP ones .. You will find those printers by the THOUSANDS....

OOps! .. I'm AFRAID i said too MUCH ... now i have to kill YOU!

Be sure to keep green tube out of light!!

After it been exposure to light toner will never work good.

Mr.Cube

PS. after refil wash your hands with COLD water (not hot)!!!!!

:lol: canwe use COPIER toner for refilling a laser cartridge

in theory it can work.If you can check if the copier toner has the same consistency as the laser toner

you most likely cannot use copier toner for your printer. different type has different temperature-sensitive and magnetic-sensitive. look up the MSDS for the toner, that would say about the composition and you can work from there. if you use the wrong type, you would see that you have dirty-print.

though it supposed to be cancel-causing, but i think the amount expose to would not be that scary, just do not intentionaly breath hard, and wash yourself and your hand clean before eating.

you also can reuse the collected-spent toner, but probably for 1-2 times as they would loose some magnetic-sensitive.

flatulent said:
There is a safety aspect of this. You should wear some protective filter device on your nose to keep you from breathing in any toner particles that get into the air. These particles produce asthma and possible brain alterations if you get them into your lungs. Once in your lungs they get into the blood and then to the brain.

i have a laser printer in my bedroom, i always thought it was ok, but is there any hazard with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back