Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I read from an SD Card with an 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerubín_spacial

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello...I'm asking for help 'bout how can I read from an SD Card with an 8051 family microcontroller. So far, I know that I sholud focus my study in the FAT specifications, but, does anyone know what kind of FAT does this card use? Does anyone know 'bout an already-made free code to do this? Please help me! This is one of my final projects, I accept any kind of orientation!

Thanx!!!

Read this thread:

best regards

SD card normally is running in FAT16. So try to read out the FAT16 spec 1st. :)

h**p://home.teleport.com/~brainy/fat16.htm

Ok...I've read all that thread and yes, it oriented me a little but, all the source codes posted there are written in C, Pascal, etc., and sincerelly I don't know a thing 'bout how to translate that to assembly language in order to program the 8051 family controller...

Also I've read the FAT16 explanation and now I know how to start searching information contained in the card and that stuff...thanx...

The problem is that I have no much time left and I think it will be kinda impossible to create the code without a base...that's why I'm askin' if anyone knows 'bout an already-made assembly code used to interface an SD Card with an 8051 family microcontroller or any other code that could be useful as a base...

Please help me! :cry:

Ok...due to the success, tons of free available source code and popularity of the AVR, I'm moving to it...

Sure that will be easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back