Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa.elkoumy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to ask about an economic way to measure AC current through a cheap sensor or other element

I am waiting replies

Last edited:

All depends from current which you want to measure, word "economic" doesnt mean nothing today.

You can use shunt resistor :

You can use current transformers also :

Also you can try and with Hall current sensors too :

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Wow tpetar, good stuff there - we've either hit one of your favourite subjects of expertise or you really were in a picture-drawing mood Top quality and thorough answer to his question.

Wow tpetar, good stuff there - we've either hit one of your favourite subjects of expertise or you really were in a picture-drawing mood Top quality and thorough answer to his question.

Pictures are from Internet, you can see pictures original address in FireFox right click on picture and View image option, after that in address field you can see address.

Picture can help in better understanding.

;-)

just use one current transformer, it gives different values different loads applied.
From that you can get current value, keep one wire of load through current transformer and check the output of current transformer using mutimeter.

Picture can help in better understanding.

;-)

That's certainly true - I just admired the thoroughness of your answer and efforts you made to make it a good one

what about using resistances ??

|I want to know from someone who use this method

hi. you can use the circuit below for dc measurement. Circuit was tested at 20 A and works ok. You do not need Vu output.

Rs is the load. On Vi output you have voltage proportional to the load current vi = 0.1666 x I
for ac measurement i suggest to use transformer ()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…