Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I measure current ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa.elkoumy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to ask about an economic way to measure AC current through a cheap sensor or other element

I am waiting replies

Last edited:

All depends from current which you want to measure, word "economic" doesnt mean nothing today. :)

You can use shunt resistor :

u1253B+shunt+resistor+meas.png

Shunt150.jpg

131706117.R2vu01R5.jpg

You can use current transformers also :

images

MES-Type-Current-Transformer.jpg

Also you can try and with Hall current sensors too :

**broken link removed**

images

Last edited:

Wow tpetar, good stuff there - we've either hit one of your favourite subjects of expertise or you really were in a picture-drawing mood :) Top quality and thorough answer to his question.

Wow tpetar, good stuff there - we've either hit one of your favourite subjects of expertise or you really were in a picture-drawing mood :) Top quality and thorough answer to his question.

Pictures are from Internet, you can see pictures original address in FireFox right click on picture and View image option, after that in address field you can see address.

Picture can help in better understanding.

;-)

just use one current transformer, it gives different values different loads applied.
From that you can get current value, keep one wire of load through current transformer and check the output of current transformer using mutimeter.
40_1344515007.jpg

Picture can help in better understanding.

;-)

That's certainly true - I just admired the thoroughness of your answer and efforts you made to make it a good one :)

what about using resistances ??

|I want to know from someone who use this method

hi. you can use the circuit below for dc measurement. Circuit was tested at 20 A and works ok. You do not need Vu output.
AVmeter.jpg
Rs is the load. On Vi output you have voltage proportional to the load current vi = 0.1666 x I
for ac measurement i suggest to use transformer ()
AcAmpMeter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back