Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make my CD-ROm stronger ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLampard

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I've got a LG CD-ROM 52X, but it's very weak. It cannot read some last track on CD ( usually music CD ),and sometime it jump from this point to another one ( for example, it's playing at 3:02s, suddenly, it jump to 4:23s ! ). So, how can I deal with it, although I already cleaned thejavascript:emoticon(':(')
Sad lens ! :(

LG aren't a particularly outstanding manufacturer of CD-ROM drives, you will probably have to replace it. You can probably find a better drive than the LG for £10 GBP or thereabouts.

since you've opened this dissuccion here
I've 2 questions:

what the company do you recommend to buy CD-ROM ?
what the company do you recommend to buy CD writer?

if I want to buy them separately
thanks in advance

It all depends how much money you want to spend. Pioneer make some nice drives but if you want the best balance between cost and performance then LiteOn are probably your best bet.

I bought my cd-rom drive in 1998. It is working well untill now. My cd-rom drive is:
Creative 48x

For a CD RW I think ASUS 52x32x52x is a very good choice. Also, when buying your CD-ROM (or any electrical product in general) you should pay attention to the coutry it's made in.

Maybe adjusting the lense power will help

I find the asus optical drives very reliable.

The problem may in the optical assemply .Some drives are of poor quality .
The only thing you can do is to try to clean the lens

try using optical cleaners...

**broken link removed**

you can choose from a wide variety...

regards,

i have bought CD-ROM of MAX company in July 1999 uptill now it cant create any problem i think MAX company is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back