Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make an onboard microstrip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmad_abdulghany

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Microstrip

How can I make an on board microstrip ?? Should i use special types of PCBs or any board is appreciated?

Can I use it to make on board filters amplifiers ... etc? at what frequencies?

Thanks,
Ahmad,

Re: Microstrip

In order to make a microstrip circuit you need to know PCB board εr,height ,Cu thickness t and tanδ. You can use these parameters to find the width of line for a given characteristic impedance Zo at your frequency of interest.

Generally high εr boards are used at lower frequency to reduce size and vice versa. Also tanδ should be low in order to prvent dielectic losses.It depends on your application that what board parameters you required.

Yes you can make microstrip line circuits like filters and amplifiers but you should use these circuit at about 1GHz or above becasue of large size and associated losses at lower frequency. At lower frequencies lumped elemnts circuits are more useful.

regards,

zubair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back