Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make 3.3V DC from the 220V power lines without any transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
da2-3101

I forgot to say, there wasn't any load on it, it gets hot without any load.

220 volt to 110 volt transformerless circuit

If you want to look at inside Nokia charger, I can give you its schematic. If you still insist on transformerless then here is another LINK to look at. Small size transformers are available (or even small SMPS module available nowadays).
Also kindly look at this article:

3.3v stabilizer

Iam now busy with drawing PCB for other modules, but in a couple of hours I'll try that simple one on the link you've sent, and I'll see how it works...

thanks

da2-3101eu output 8,7

I've made the simple version what Khabree suggested.
It seems it works without getting hot. It drives a led successfuly, but the max current was about 10-13 mA I got. I've put on an 5V regulator but it couldn't switch my 5V latching relay.
Thats sad.

Anyone has any idea?

Added after 18 minutes:

I've tried that if a led is a load, It could switch a relay before the 3.3v regulator, but while it's on the led switches off...

step down voltage regulator 220 to 110+bangalore

Use capacitive reactance equation for the current calculation. (famous 1 over 2.pi.f.c) change the Xc with V and I.

220v relay gets hot

As of 0.47 uF the current won't be more than 20mA, but putting in greater capacitance makes it bigger (double size).

I've found some nice 100mA 6V power transformer with the size of 30x30x15 mm so i think i'll go with that. At least that's isolated.

thanks

guja011

Khabree said:
If you want to look at inside Nokia charger, I can give you its schematic.

Could you post it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back