How can I increase the Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with an AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyameephraim

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

with the following components, RB1 15K, RB2 =2.2K, RC =10K, RE =830 ohms.
AC signal is 10Mv, 1KHz, Vcc 12, for BJT Common Emitter amplifier

the present Av gain is 12
how can i reduce it to 10 ?

Re: how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

Badly worded question:
hfe is not indicated above, and you mentioned Mega volts where it would probably be mili volt.
In addition, is there no reactive component in the circuit (eg. capacitor) ?

Re: how can i increase Av gain of BJT from 10 to 12 with AC signal of 10Mv and 1KHz

with the following components, RB1 15K, RB2 =2.2K, RC =10K, RE =830 ohms.
AC signal is 10Mv, 1KHz, Vcc 12, for BJT Common Emitter amplifier

the present Av gain is 12
how can i reduce it to 10 ?

the transistor hfe is 300

Ok, did you even tried by yourself with the information sources available over there ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_emitter

You will have to parameterize some values (since the gain is defined), and in the end it will not be a direct numerical calculation, but the resolution of an algebraic equation, a nice opportunity to learn.

On another website forum he posted a schematic larger than my neighbourhood so I fixed it and made it look normal.
I answered his question by posting a simulation.
He said he tried it and it did not work.
EDIT: I notice that on this website the title says he wants to increase the gain but his paragraph says he wants to decrease the gain.

Attachments

• transistor2.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…