Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I get an arc 2D for exciting a microstrip filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandruska

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
get an arc 2D

How could I get an arc 2D for exciting with wave port a ustrip filter with a circular sustract?

Thanks for all and Regards.

Re: get an arc 2D

I asked the same question before:

there is no practical way to do that. I created two circles, than subtracted smaller from larger. than I obtained half and quarter circles by splitting.
I hope this would help.

Re: get an arc 2D

definitely you can do this, but I am not sure whether and how we can do it in HFSS, the exitation is just the enforced boundary condition of numerical solving the maxwell equations, you can play games with all kinds of boudary condition whatever you want. But, in real and practical design, every component we must have real feeding network, can you figure out how can we feed a 2-D arc? In most general case, feeding is microstrip, strip, cpw, or through hole via back feeding.
My understanding is that find out the real feeding method of your model, and simulate it.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back