Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I get a flatten netlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
flatten spice netlist

I hava a hierarchy schematic. But I need the flatten spice netlist to foundry. How can I get it?

The design environment is Cadence 4.4.5.

Thans a lot.

spice netlist flattening

When you genereating netlist, you can generate it from Analog Artist, in its netlisting menu, you can choose hierachy or flatten

BR

flatten netlist

Or you can give them the extracted netlist from calibre or dracula or whatever you use 8)

netlist flatten

piao said:
When you genereating netlist, you can generate it from Analog Artist, in its netlisting menu, you can choose hierachy or flatten

BR

I can not find the menu of netlist in Analog Artist. Please tell me about this menu.

Thank you!!

what is flattened netlist

hierarchy --> flatten to get flattened objects. Then go to 'create netlist'.

spice netlist flattener

Question said:
piao said:

BR

I can not find the menu of netlist in Analog Artist. Please tell me about this menu.

Menu:
Setup / Environment...
Choose Netlist Type in the Environment Options form

script to flatten spice netlist

to huges

sorry i cant find Netlist Type in the Environment Options form

netlist hierarchy flatten

xuel said:
to huges

sorry i cant find Netlist Type in the Environment Options form

U must change the simulator to hspiceS first.

hi all,

i m a newbie and i have the same problem (flattening my netlist).

Here's the exact problem: I synthesized my verilog design using RC and I wanna feed the synthesized netlist to Primetime. For some reason "read_verilog synthesized.v" cannot read a hierarchical netlist, since all modules become black boxes. But, if I declare as my top module a module that does not reference other modules, then primetime reads it without complaints. So I assume that the hierarchy is responsible for these black boxes. Long story short, I wanna flatten my synthesized gate-level netlist so that I only have 1 module. Is there any easy (newbie-friendly) way to do so? I dont have access to magma tools; just RC, cadence encounter, synopsys primetime.

thanks thanks
-Kostas

Most tools, including Primetime can handle hierarchical netlists, so you shouldn't need to flatten it. However I'm sure RC has an ungroup command.

You can flatten via: ungroup -flatten -all
but like I said, you shouldn't have to for primetime.

hi all,

i m a newbie and i have the same problem (flattening my netlist).

Here's the exact problem: I synthesized my verilog design using RC and I wanna feed the synthesized netlist to Primetime. For some reason "read_verilog synthesized.v" cannot read a hierarchical netlist, since all modules become black boxes. But, if I declare as my top module a module that does not reference other modules, then primetime reads it without complaints. So I assume that the hierarchy is responsible for these black boxes. Long story short, I wanna flatten my synthesized gate-level netlist so that I only have 1 module. Is there any easy (newbie-friendly) way to do so? I dont have access to magma tools; just RC, cadence encounter, synopsys primetime.

thanks thanks
-Kostas

Dear kaisopos,
No doubt you have solved this problem now. But just for posterity, I don't like to see an incorrect assumption in the forum. The reason for the black boxes is because Primetime a.k.a. pt_shell requires the cell library which contains the timing and functionality of the cells which is stored in a .lib file for your technology. When compiled it is stored in a .db file. The compiled file must be from the same or older version of Primetime. The source file can only be read in with LibraryCompiler license and would use the read_lib command. Once the .db or .lib is read the hierarchical netlist will read OK without generating black boxes. If for some reason you still require a flat netlist and you have DesignCompiler license you can use the ungroup -all -flatten command in dc_shell to get a flat netlist but this is not recommended unless you have a very small chip because the files and processing time become huge. pt_shell does not have the capability to manipulate netlists, it strictly a timing engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back