Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I execute a code written at a certain ROM addresses ? (vxWorks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsipahi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I execute a code written at a certain ROM adress? Is there a command like "go"? If there is one how is its format.

Re: vxWorks help

Just set the program counter to the correct address and begin executing. If you're using a monitor package it will depend on the monitor syntax.

I'd contact Wind River if I were you, that's what you (or your company) is paying for -- put them to work!!

If you want to read from the ROM then most of all your execution will be much more slower with respect to RAM or NVRAM read . But if you still want to read it from ROM then u can do it in two ways ,

1. you can copy the file from ROM to RAM using file pointer and read it from RAM copy , it will be simple file reading .

2. Else , use the file pointer to read from ROM but for that you have to give a good look to your kernel facilities and read enabled administrator priviledge is there or not .

For second question , the answer is yes , "go" statement is available there with label facility but it is very uncomfortable because you have to take a good care for the routine of program counter .

I think the problems are solved .

ok ..... take care and Good Bye .....

One other thing -- if you're talking about embedded code you can just cast a function pointer to a specific ROM address and de-reference (call) it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back