Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I determine exact position of an object1 in front of another object2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphelix

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

How can i determine exactly position of an object1 in front of another object2 (object1 is moving, object2 is static)

thanks!

Re: Determine position!

you can try using transmitting high frequency sound waves and calculate distance using the time taken to return back.....

Hello,

use ultrasonic devices. You can calculate the distance using the delay between the transmitet ultrasound and the returned wave.

https://www.hexamite.com/hetheory.htm

Cheers!!

are they methods sensitive? (< 1mm)

they r not that sensitive if the object reflecting the wave itself is moving.... since sound wave speed isnt that high... maybe using reflection could be sensitive enough....

Are they other methods sensitive? ex. optic etc. Or can we augment sensitivity of that method (ultrasonic ). Objetcs we used are moving.

ya optics is a faster way but i think the sensors and transmitters are costly..... tell me what is the object and its speed????

Use MTI algorithm (Moving Target Indicator) to detect moving object. (search Google for: MTI and "Moving Target Indication"

If you use light signaling then these Time-to-Digital and Digital-to-Time converters can be used to range the moving object: http://www.acam.de/index.php?id=26&L=0).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back