Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I access I2C bus in VGA Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohd_ind00

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why i2c at vga port

Hi All,

I am trying to test VGA Connector of PC, in that i can not find any method to directly access the I2C lines in VGA.

Is it possible to send some data on i2c lines using programming or not i don't. Please Help..

tnx

Imran

Hi,
you are trying to access DDC EEPROM through VGA connector.EEPROM contains information about the video timings,supported format (EDID data )....etc

Address of EEPROM is 0xA0 , most of them are write protected. Only reead operation is available. It ıs usually 128 byte but some devices has extended version of EDID data so data length is 256. But to access second 128 byte you must use 0xA2

First using these address above, try to get ACK from device. You may search internet for special EEPROMs for DDC like 24LC21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back