Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How a transistor can be used to switch between 2.5V and 5.0 volts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syed intisar haider

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all

my question is that how a transistor can be used to switch between 2.5V and 5.0 volts

plz help me in this regard

what wil be input and how its functions guve me the actual cct diagram i know it is simple but i m unable to do it

take care

Re: transistor switch

BIAS THE TRANSISTOR IN SATURATION REGION AND CUTOFF REGION....IN CUTOFF REGION TRANSISTOR WILL BE IN "ON" STATE FOR SATURATION IT WILL BE CONSIDERED AS IN "OFF" STATE ... PLZ REMOVE THE LINEAR REGION FOR MAKING TRANSISTOR AS A SWITCH
HOPE IT SOMEWHAT ENLIGHTENS YOU

transistor switch

thx kumar

can u give the cct diagram for this i wil be highly thankfull to u in this regard

transistor switch

I'm agree with electronics_kumar with the notice that on saturation region the output will go to 0.2V,if u take the output on the collector, so u must split the resistance on the collector in two resistance, so that on saturation R2*Ic_sat=2.5V...
see the attchement..
regards

transistor switch

for bjt you have to control right biasing of both junstors - c-b and b-e . But for symmetric mosfet based switches it not as strict as for bjt . If collector - emitter voltage polarity can be reversed - consider to use mosfet based switches . Look to Vishay they have good switches with very low impedances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back