Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Topic of Analog IC research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My observation:

1. traditional analog/rf circuit in next generation technology (45/32 nm) and lower power supply.
2. analog/rf circuitry integrate with digital CMOS.
3. digital assisted/calibrated rf/analog.
4. software defined rf, mulitimode rf.

Low power and high frequency in DSM range..

50 % of power is in buffers ... hence a buffer design d b helpful as well!

fast adc and dac. modules r faster but conversion is not faster.plz put efforts on AD C-DAC

i think bandgap circuit for low voltage will be a next challenge in analog circuit design.

ADC & DAC never become old, power and supply voltage always become important

RF and high speed IO interface

LVDS - high speed interface technology

Data converters

one is speed, including RF, high speed interface..
one is power management, dc-dc related or efficiency related

I think Hign Speed Interface !and !SOC

low voltage&low power
Analog IP

When people say they want to do low voltage/low power research in analog IC, what can they actually do? The only thing is to change to topology right? Is there really that much flexibility in circuit design for so many masters/phd students to do this type of research?

Interesting topics may be flexible circuits either organic or with nanotechnology to implement things like displays, RFID transceivers etc. but probably falls in the field of material science or VLSI processing more than analog IC.

Seems so hard to come up with a decent analog reserach proposal

I Think, Current Mode Circuits are hot topic in analog ic design, using this we will be implement Active inductor, ADc, DAC and other circuit also.

My Observation :
  • RF ICs
  • Low Power Design
  • Direct digital synthesizer
  • Power Management PFC and others
  • High Performance ADC like Δ∑ Convertor
  • Power Management PFC and others
  • Integrating Analog Components like ADC or communication module efficiently with digital counterparts like FPGA or MPU in SOC and/or PoP
  • MEMS and Sensors are also a developing field

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.