Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Horary Sensor to count time of work of an engine and send it through a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonkenzo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I would like to count the time of work of several engines and transmit it to a server such that I can have . What is done now is that one electrical sensor just count the time of work of one engine and just print it. Please do you know one sensor wich can count the time of working of an engine by detecting the electricity current and send it to a network (ethernet for example). Thank you
Regards

You want to count the run time of an automobile engine like tractor or truck engine? You want to find time from electric current from alternator?

Network enabled energy meters are quite common now, but I'm not aware of a simple operating hours meter with network interface. Essentially a network capacble microcontroller with a small application program could do the job.

yes, I want to find time for electric current from a machine like alternator.

When you start an engine then its alternator also runs. So, you have to detect the presence of alternator and if alternator is ON then start a timer to count the time for which the engine has worked i.e., working hours. You have to monitor the presence of alternator voltage all the time. If there is no alternator voltage then it means the engine is not working, So, you have to stop the timer.

I want to find time for electric current from a machine like alternator.

Time for electric current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back