Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hittite vs Minicircuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which company have better products (in 0~3GHZ) ?Compare in reliability,quality,price .....,which of them you used in your projects?

I have used both. I prefer the Hittite product over the Minicircuits where I have a choice. I also feel that the M products are over priced.

I've used minicircuits products a lot. They're easy to use. I've made my own pcb circuits up to a GHz, and had no trouble. But I would think most products are fine to use at the lower frequencies.

I have found that Hittite parts exceed the specifications. One advantage of minicircuits is their willingness to sell in small quantities to hobbyists.

Hittite is by far the better component company. Additionally, Hittite cover some very high frequencies and broadbands, that Mini circuits does not.

That said, if you are talking about just some tooling around in your basement, most of the hittite components come in leadless chip carrier that have great high frequency response, but challeng an amateur with a soldering iron or hot plate to assemble correctly. ANYONE can solder an 4 leaded minicircuits amp onto a G10 board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back