Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hip 4082 for h bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir farhadi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO
I am going to use HIP4082 to drive a DC motor 24v 10a
I use a sample hip4082 sch with irf540( n_channel fet) as it's data sheet, but it is not working ?
can any one help me ?
can I use hip4082 without pwm input ?
I want to apply fix input to drive a dc motor . is it wrong?

Last edited:

It is too hot when it is working ! is it normal?

Your circuit does not show its supply voltage (24V?) and frequency of the PWM.
The 1N4007 diode is extremely slow (designed for rectifying 50Hz). Use a fast diode.
It is missing the important low value resistors in series with the gates of the Mosfets that prevent them from oscillating (which makes them hot).

If all you want to do, is to control a motor in a single direction with PWM, you don't need a half-bridge.

Actually, in a real circuit when the motor is running, it acts as a generator. Turning on the lower Mosfet will place a short across terminals.

And without turning on the lower mosfet, the charge pump for the upper mosfet won't work.

Use a single, low side mosfet only.

Your circuit does not show its supply voltage (24V?) and frequency of the PWM.
The 1N4007 diode is extremely slow (designed for rectifying 50Hz). Use a fast diode.
It is missing the important low value resistors in series with the gates of the Mosfets that prevent them from oscillating (which makes them hot).
At first step I don't use pwm and I apply fix dc voltage.
also this is by proteus simulation software and I want to test it ,If it is ok I am going to buy this IC.

- - - Updated - - -

If all you want to do, is to control a motor in a single direction with PWM, you don't need a half-bridge.

Actually, in a real circuit when the motor is running, it acts as a generator. Turning on the lower Mosfet will place a short across terminals.

And without turning on the lower mosfet, the charge pump for the upper mosfet won't work.

Use a single, low side mosfet only.

NO I want to drive both side of motor direction. but in this circuit I test single side in the first step.

The HIP4082 and IR2101 are PWM motor speed control ICs that rely on the AC from PWM to bootstrap the drive and turn on the upper Mosfet.
They do not work with a DC input.

Here is my file.

Attachments

• 23.rar
    20.9 KB · Views: 35

Status
Not open for further replies.