Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High VSWR at Notch Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

KawtherHamad

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I drew an antenna as in one of the papers. I analysed it, and created the VSWR graph. It was as below

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

A very high VSWR at the notch frequency. The VSWR in the paper was about 26. Why did i have a very high VSWR at the notch frequency?

Regards,
Kawther Hamad,

you have an antenna that is well matched at EVERY frequency but one. quick, patent it

That what notch filters do, reject power. If you need a good VSWR, you need an acceptance filter in parallel with the through path with a load, so at the "notch" frequency the power is just diverted into the load.
Frank

you have an antenna that is well matched at EVERY frequency but one. quick, patent it

I do not think this result is a true or simulating practical antenna. I think it is a matter of HFSS settings. The result from the paper is a maximum VSWR of 26 not 125!!.

- - - Updated - - -

That what notch filters do, reject power. If you need a good VSWR, you need an acceptance filter in parallel with the through path with a load, so at the "notch" frequency the power is just diverted into the load.
Frank

the point is that i want to obtain a result that is similar to the paper. It is given in the paper that the maximum VSWR is 26 it is not 125. I think i should change some settings in my file. I do not know what are theses settings!

Hi,

both VSWR of 26 and 125 are very large. An analogy would be infinity and infinity + 1. Perhaps the difference is just some material setting resulting in your circuit having higher Q-factor.

regards,
Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back