Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage Voltage Follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for a cost-effective Opamp to use in high-voltage, voltage follower circuits. Source voltage could be 65V dc, can anyone suggest with op-amps which could operate from 0Volts - 75Volts. I have tested voltage follower up to 30 Volts with LM324 which works well but looking for an opamp that could operate up to 75 Volts.

Warm regards,
Ravi

Hi,

I'd go to the Opamp manufacturer sites and use their selection guide to find devices with suitable supply voltage range.

What exactly do you mean by "source voltage"
You say "operate 0V - 75V". What is this exactly? Supply voltage? Input voltage range? Output voltage range?

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I have gone through several parts OPA454/5, LTC6090, LTC6091, ADHV4702... which are very expensive. I wanted to check if someone could help me to identify an op-amp with operating voltage between 5 Volts to 75 Volts, best suited as a voltage follower.

Thank you,
Ravi.

Hi,

please give clear answers and use common OPAMP terminology.

With "operating voltage" I guess you mean "supply voltage".
But why "5V to 75V"? Do you have a variable power supply? Why down to 5V?

What about input voltage range, output voltage range, output current, frequency, noise, distortion...?

Out of curiosity I tried the Analog devices OPAMP selection: https://www.analog.com/en/parametricsearch/11070#/
Simply input your requirements ..and immediatley get suitable devices with datasheets and price. I guess other manufacturers do it similarely.
Did you try it? What was the result?

Klaus

HA-2640 is an 80V op amp with a decent input common
mode range (says +/-35V for split rails). Dielectric isolation
may make it a bit more spendy than other types. Not real
fast but maybe an option.

A true voltage follower adds only current gain - what is the max desired freq and power out ?

is voltage gain required too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back