Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Side Switch (VN5050AJ-E) for inductive load to avoid noise in GND line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourdreamz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys need your suggestions:

I have an application where I have to Switch power to load ON/OFF with a Soft Start and Soft Stop. At 24VDC the load current is around 9A. For Power source I have a SMPS with 24V output with adequate current supplying capacity. Now I have to choose the switching device. Since the load is inductive (A PMDC motor), I am thinking of keeping the ground line clean to avoid any noise interference by choosing a high side switch. Now I have following questions:
  1. Is my thinking of using a High Side Switch to avoid noise intereference in Ground line a valid point?
  2. Since I also need to know the current consumption, instead of using a seperate switching device and current sense amplifier, I am planning to use VN5050AJ-E high side driver from ST Micro. Does this makes sense to you. BTW this is not an automotive application?
  3. I think that In VN5050AJ-E, if I don't have a reverse battery issue happening, I can directly connect GND pin to Ground instead using a resistor and diode. Is that correct?

Could you please answer whatever you can out of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back