Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Side Driver In H-Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayanZulfiqar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am currently working on pure sine wave h bridge inverter. The low side driver output of both sides is working fine. But the high side output is going from 12V and decreases slowly to around 5 to 6V. The sine wave required is of freq 50Hz. I am using ir2110 to drive the mosfets and 33 microF bootstrap capacitor. Can anyone tell me the problem and solution? Thanks in advance

Hi,

I assume you neither did a forum search, nor an internet search.

This maybe is the most discussed topic.

Without schematic and without application infos I only can guess: 100% high side duty cycle / 0 % low sisde duty cycle?

Klaus

Hi,

My recommendations:
* use the schematic that you find in the IR2110 datasheet...and not from an unreliable google source. They often use the troublemaking gate-source resistor.
* read the application note from the IR2110 manufacturer about how a bootstrap circuit works and how it is calculated.

Or do a forum search on "IR2110 bootstrap problem".

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.