Not open for further replies.

wonbef

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all,
now i am designing a high precision, low offset cmos comparator in continuous-time applications. the comportant requirement of this comparator is very low offse, and Vos < 2mV must be met in my application, and the other features is loose.

pls recomment me some resources or comparator structures. thank you very much!!!

for continuous-time, I saw some products from TI with 0.5mV offset but the maximum value is 15mV. really hard, be sure to check the Monte-carlo simulation results

from circuit structure, devices size, and ..., can i reduce the input offset to 2mV?

Using Bipolar devices, it is much easier. For CMOS, I 'm not sure. It will shown it has a big change range when you are doing Corner and Monte-Carlo Simulation for CMOS Comparator.

Generally, Vos contains system offset and mis-match. The former dependents on gain, the latter on transistor size. I think 2mV is possible if speed is not concerned.

pls upload the following papers if have! many thanks.

A 1 mV MOS comparator
Yee, Y.S.; Terman, L.M.; Heller, L.G.
Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of
Volume 13, Issue 3, Jun 1978 Page(s): 294 - 297
Digital Object Identifier

A precision variable-supply CMOS comparator Allstot, D.J.. This paper appears in: Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of Publication Date: Dec 1982 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.