Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high precision, low offset cmos comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonbef

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, all,
now i am designing a high precision, low offset cmos comparator in continuous-time applications. the comportant requirement of this comparator is very low offse, and Vos < 2mV must be met in my application, and the other features is loose.

pls recomment me some resources or comparator structures. thank you very much!!!

for continuous-time, I saw some products from TI with 0.5mV offset but the maximum value is 15mV. really hard, be sure to check the Monte-carlo simulation results

from circuit structure, devices size, and ..., can i reduce the input offset to 2mV?

Using Bipolar devices, it is much easier. For CMOS, I 'm not sure. It will shown it has a big change range when you are doing Corner and Monte-Carlo Simulation for CMOS Comparator.

Generally, Vos contains system offset and mis-match. The former dependents on gain, the latter on transistor size. I think 2mV is possible if speed is not concerned.

pls upload the following papers if have! many thanks.

A 1 mV MOS comparator
Yee, Y.S.; Terman, L.M.; Heller, L.G.
Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of
Volume 13, Issue 3, Jun 1978 Page(s): 294 - 297
Digital Object Identifier

A precision variable-supply CMOS comparator Allstot, D.J.. This paper appears in: Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of Publication Date: Dec 1982 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.