Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] High or Low-side Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongkhon APF

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question for all who read this. Please help me, Why gate drive circuits have two method(or more?) high and low - side . And each method they are what differrent and how to use ?
In my project choose IRF250N power mosfet for switch but driver ic I not sure between TC4428 or TLP250 . Help me for selected and method to driver(high or low) . When system is 50 VDC , 500 W

Last edited by a moderator:

It all depends upon whether the load needs to be grounded. If so, then you need a high-side driver. If not then you can use either a high-side or low-side driver.

A low-side driver has the advantage that you can use a single grounded transistor which is relatively easy to directly drive. A high-side driver requires a floating transistor which generally requires additional circuitry to drive.

Thank you for crutschow.
And you have sugges for me concern isolate gate driver or not for 50 Vdc system with Vgs = 15 Vdc

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question for all who read this. Please help me, Why gate drive circuits have two method(or more?) high and low - side . And each method they are what differrent and how to use ?
In my project choose IRF250N power mosfet for switch but driver ic I not sure between TC4428 or TLP250 . Help me for selected and method to driver(high or low) . When system is 50 VDC , 500 W
Sorry i give wrong mosfet. Change to IRFP250N is corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back