Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High frequency H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

559 nanon

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one,

I've designe an H-bridg (refer to the schematic). the h-bridge is meant to work at:

1. 100K Hz (from a fucntion generator; low 0 and high 5)
2. 15A -18A
3. drive a load (an inductor in series with 6 ohm resistor)
4. Vcc = 12V
5. C1= C2 =0.47 uF ; C3=C4= 2.2 uF.
6. the Mosfet driver is IR2104

there are some issues that I really need to understand; these are:

1. when one MOSFET is defected the MOSFET drivers' ICs also break down (and they say unbreakable)

2. I used two power supplies (from the lab). one is for the power and the other one for the Vcc for all ICs. When I truned the power on (15V) and Vcc was 12V, the Vcc power supplies jump to 27V without I touched the knob. (it seems they add up; 12+15) huh?

really like to share ideas with you.

thanx

make sure that all grounds connectd properly,i have observed in schematics, there is isolation, so need to connet gorunds properly.

Thank you darla 1 for you reply. the problem was the heat sink which was connecting (short circuit) the drains of two mosfets

thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back