Not open for further replies.

ajay.v

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys ,
i m working with 3525 to develop 400v with mosfet irfp264. but but mosfet burns after working 10 20 minutes. can u help me

irfp264 is TO247package , Power MOSFET(Vdss=55V, Rds(on)=17.5mohm, Id=49A) IRFZ44 is TO220 package ,Power MOSFET(Vdss=500V, Rds(on)max=0.23ohm, Id=22A) . Pls consider that .

Maybe your problem is associated with your mosfet not saturating fully. For example consider your mosfet is turning on partially, i.e. it has a Rds of 0.1 ohms at a current of 20A, then if you use Ohm´s Law you will see that it is dissipating P=I*I*R or P=20*20*0.1=40W, only in the mosfet, in this case you MUST use heatsinking and even I suggest you to employ a MOSFET with a lower Rds(on) and a driver to properly saturate your mosfet. I hope this can help you. Also if you can take a look at International Rectifier's website, they have a lot of applications notes on this topics. Yosmany325.

Maybe your problem is associated with your mosfet not saturating fully. For example consider your mosfet is turning on partially, i.e. it has a Rds of 0.1 ohms at a current of 20A, then if you use Ohm´s Law you will see that it is dissipating P=I*I*R or P=20*20*0.1=40W, only in the mosfet, in this case you MUST use heatsinking and even I suggest you to employ a MOSFET with a lower Rds(on) and a driver to properly saturate your mosfet. I hope this can help you. Also if you can take a look at International Rectifier's website, they have a lot of applications notes on this topics. Yosmany325.

Status
Not open for further replies.