Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with SPWM module 1000w inverter

rafako

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings, I have a 1000W inverter, and I understand that it is not the latest in technology, but I want to repair it. The issue is with the SPWM module; it has a cross-linked processor, and its code has been erased. If someone could help me with more information about the processor and its program, it would be a solution not only for me but also for many people who use these models and do not have access to electricity in their villages, in the midst of the 21st century. It's incredible, isn't it? I am attaching a photo of the module. I hope for your assistance. Regards
spwm.jpg

Hi Tony, thank you for your reply. Regarding the information, I only have the model and brand, Soltronix 1000p pure sine wave. They are inverters manufactured in China and sold in Peru. The issue is that many people have to buy another one because these have a limited lifespan set by the brand. The problem is that most people in the Andes and parts of the northern coast don't have the resources. That bothers me a lot. The situation would be different if they had access to resources like in the northern hemisphere. right, the proprietary code is not easily available. That's why they erased the processor code. The inverter is damaged and not working. Both the PWM and SPWM modules are short-circuited, and each has a deleted IC. Do you think anything can be done?

Greetings, I have a 1000W inverter, and I understand that it is not the latest in technology, but I want to repair it. The issue is with the SPWM module; it has a cross-linked processor, and its code has been erased. If someone could help me with more information about the processor and its program, it would be a solution not only for me but also for many people who use these models and do not have access to electricity in their villages, in the midst of the 21st century. It's incredible, isn't it? I am attaching a photo of the module. I hope for your assistance. Regards
View attachment 188263

What caused these conditions?
What is your budget to repair it?
These can be purchased quite cheap in certain locations, but shipping, and VAT may be expensive.
Perhaps better quality replacement with specs are needed.

How many do you see are needed in future at what price?
What did Soltronix offer to help? and why rejected?

These are only 500W avg, 1kW pk. What do you really need?
Where can you buy from?
--- Updated ---

Last edited:
Hello Tony, thank you for your message. Well, the owner applied 220v to the output, causing a short circuit in the PWM and SPWM modules, as well as damage to the IGBTs and a couple of MOSFETs. There is no additional information about these modules. I have searched worldwide, even through images, and found nothing. Adapting other modules is difficult for me; I'm not that skilled in that area. Regarding shipping costs, it's not a problem as I have relatives in the USA. Soltronix doesn't want to assist; they prefer that I buy a new inverter. The inverter is a 1000w pure sine wave, and they only sell it here. One question: what device would I need to view the code on the ICs? I know they always leave a trace. I've heard that with certain light contrasts, it's possible to see the imprint left after the inscriptions are erased. I have access to electronic equipment at a university through a family member. It seems to me that this would be the most economical solution, although I might be wrong.
PS: I saw the article in the link and the modules are different. By the way, there are many inverters that cannot be repaired by those blessed ICs in these modules.

The most economical answer for me is a $65 cdn ($46us) 1kW inverter.
But I do not know the best solution for you. In theory, there is Soltronix support in Peru.

Recovering erased flash data is a grey area.

Last edited:
I understand Tony, anyway thank you for your time. I will keep it in mind.
Best regards

To disable the unit on purpose seems like a shady practice by the manufacturer. Maybe the purpose is to avoid warranty service in reaction to customers reporting early hardware failures.

Or its purpose may be to conceal shady practices in producing the unit.

If I wished to do a repair I think I'd examine the steps by which it boosts 12VDC to high voltage AC. Whatever the method you might manage to build a new oscillator, although we might have to settle for square-wave output instead of sine-shaped.

* Does it contain a bulky transformer which is practical and economical to re-use?

* Or does it have boost converters raising 12VDC to 400VDC, then a full H-bridge creating AC?

* Or does it have gangs of capacitors? This might be for voltage multiplication. It's the method that doesn't require inductors or transformers.

Tony, the manufacturer just wants you to buy a new one. It is something that many companies in Peru do. If you knew everything they do it would seem unheard of.
I send you a photo of the inverter so you can understand its design. It is transformers that switch the DC voltage and raise it.
Thanks for your help.
Inversor soltronix.jpeg

I see 4 pink translucent components (at the spot where the red battery wires join the pcb). They appear to be plastic containing shiny metal pieces. I'm pretty sure those are fuses, automotive blade-type.

Test each one out of circuit. (Even though it doesn't look smoked.)

They resemble fuses in my own 1200W power inverter which I once hooked up to a car battery in reverse polarity. It stopped operating. I opened it up and found all the fuses were blown. I replaced them. It made the thing work like new again. It's worth a try with your unit.

Yeah, you're right, they are fuses. I already checked them, they are fine.
The problem is the PWM and SPWM modules.
I connected the PWM module with 15cm cables outside the board and found that there was a short. It was an IC, I removed it and the short disappeared. Unfortunately the IC code is not visible. I am hoping to access a stereomicroscopic to try to visualize the code.
The same thing happens with the SPWM module.
The fault has been located.
Thanks Tony for the contribution, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• PWM ba.jpg
    PWM ba.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 33

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: