Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] High current and voltage programmable switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouradR

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi There,

I have a circuit board with 9 loads (assume resistors) and each load is connecting to the input source (Sinusoidal signal) via toggle switch. so, now I've got 9 toggle switch to switch on/off

the loads. The problem is now I want to extend the number of loads to be 16 or 32 etc.. and it is not practical to have toggle switch for each load. I want to use something like de-

multiplexer or programmable switch array but the issue is that each load draws up to 2amp and voltage around 100V peak to Peak so, IC won't be able to stand the high voltage/current.

Any Help will be much appreciated!

Thank you
-MRN

use triacs
and "program" the triac gates

Also try 260V AC 5A output type Solid State Relays. Crydom and Omron have such relays. They are optically isolated TRIAC with/wo ZCD SSRs.

Hi Kam,

Thanks for ur help,
Just wondering will the triac works with high frequency such as 20Mhz?

Cheers,
-MRN

Just wondering will the triac works with high frequency such as 20Mhz?

is there anything else you forgot to specify in your OP?

20 MHZ into a resistive load?

perhaps you can to share the application?

is there anything else you forgot to specify in your OP?

20 MHZ into a resistive load?

perhaps you can to share the application?

It is a complex load (z+jx)

Status
Not open for further replies.