Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Current Analog Multiplexer/Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMOS

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high current multiplexer

Hi,
I am designing a Digital IC Tester for which I am looking for a High Current Analog Switch/Multiplexer to supply VCC and GND to every pin of 24-pin ZIF socket. I n my protoypes I used CD4051 (Analog Mux.) and CD4066 (Analog S/W), but they failed supplying current to some ICs requiring a bit high supply current like 74LS150. Both of these ICs have max. current capacity of 10mA only. I don't want to use transistors due to space restrictions.

Can anyone suggest a good low cost, high current 8:1/16:1 analog multiplexer/switch with current capacity > 30mA availabe in SO or TSSOP packages? Or any other suggestions for this probelm ?

high current mux

You could use a high pin count microcontroller and connect each of the zif pins to a microcontroller pin. Then, in software, you could set the power pin to vcc, the ground pin to ground and leave the rest tri-stated so they do not interfere. PICs can supply 25mA in their pins, you could probably stretch that to 30 mA without damage. Perhaps other microcontrollers have higher supply capacities.

I suppose you are already using a microcontroller so that you should be able to use a 40 pin uC and cover every available socket pin and have the uC do all of the testing.

If you aren't using a microcontroller, then you should still use one merely to distribute power since I don't know of any non-uC IC that could do the job. Or, go FPGA...

high current analog multiplexer

cdallacosta said:
I suppose you are already using a microcontroller so that you should be able to use a 40 pin uC and cover every available socket pin and have the uC do all of the testing.
Yes I am using AT89S52 microcontroller. But its port are not as strong as that of PIC's.

artem said:
use smd transistor arrays with several transistors in one chip .
Can you please give number of such arrays? I know only sinking type arrays like ULN2003. Are there any sourcing ones too?

multiplexer using transistor

you can search google and find those
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back