Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hierarchical design with SOCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdjnaja

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone !
I am new on this forum.
I am working on the design of a MPSoC including 30 cores of microprocessor. So, this design is hierarchical and i do a bottom-up place and route. First, I place and route the RAM and the cores of processor. With SOCE, the output of this place and route is a LEF file (lefout command) that i can use for the upper level.
My problem is with the LEF file itself. For example, in the core of microprocessor, i use only M1, M2 and M3, not of all M4, M5, M6. But, the LEF file contains obstructs of the design size for M4, M5 and M6. In fact, i want to have the exact coordonates to know the transparency for each level of metal.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, my explanation is not understandable or nobody has an answer ?

dude, can u be more clear?
let me explain what i know:
Creating partitions and bottom up : correct.
LEF out: This .lef file is used as input when working higher up the hierarchy.

i use only M1, M2 and M3, not of all M4, M5, M6. But, the LEF file contains obstructs of the design size for M4, M5 and M6. In fact, i want to have the exact coordonates to know the transparency for each level of metal.

This part of your post is unclear. If u want to use only M1,M2,M3 at core level; this restriction can be imposed during the routing phase in SOC encounter.

Hi, thanks for your response.

For the unclear part,I impose during the routing phase no level 4, 5, 6 (with createRouteBlk). But, after, when i generate the LEF corresponding to this block, I have an obstruct for the level 4, 5, 6 for the entire area of my block in spite of this level are not used of all.

When you specify to use M1, M2, M3 for partitions, that's what SoCE does for the partition...it blocks all levels above what you specified...entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back